1 wrong move

October 9, 2009

Since my membership with the gym is expiring in 7 months time, and was quickly spotted by a sale person, he told me, he’s one of the managers. He wanted to introduce the loyalty program to their existing customer for continuation of membership. But I was already late for the spinning class, he then withheld my card so that I’ll have to see him after the lesson to let him sales-talk me - what a sale tactic.

Allowing him to do that, I sort of also interested to see what he has to offer, so I walked into the sale strategy, ARMED. Becos’ I paid a very good rate previously and would expect the same, thus, if the price isn’t right, I’d politely reject and leave, I thought.

BUT, he made a wrong move ! Never doubt your customer information !

He insisted I paid a certain amount previously (which is more and definitely not what I remembered), so I told him nicely, it’s not the same I recalled. He refused to accept and wanted to prove me wrong by trying to show me the data thru’ their system.

I kept quiet.

He still insist that the rate is attractive and promotion will end soon any time from now, in another words I better sign up today. CRAP !

After spending some time fiddling with the login name and password, we are there. And after making some calculation, I am RIGHT ! The amount he quoted me was more than what I had paid. Now he is trying to twist his words, “but it’s only a few dollars more every month” No word of apology.

Sigh ! yes, it might be just a few dollars but it’s the sincerity. HELLO??!! (he seemed too desperate to close the deal)

I say no and told him there’s still 7 months to go, there maybe a better promotion then.

His face changed. “I don’t think so” he said persistently.

I just smile, pick up my bag and leave.

.............

p/s - not that if he's sincere I'd buy it from him, price is still the main issue

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment