East Coast Sawadee

October 13, 2009

After such a long talk about meeting Joo, we finally did. May, Joo and I went to where-else but east coast again.. it was my 3rd time there this month *yawn*. Good thing is, each time I manage order different food.

Knowing Joo from before, he was a cheerful and care free person, drank like 9 bottles of beer almost everyday. Being an alcoholic ruined him. He has to now go for kidney dialysis 3 times a week for 4 hrs each. The process is dreary and painful, poking arms with needle as thick as satay stick into the blood stream, described by him. Follow by a strict diet, with no food of high potassium eg. beans, orange, banana and confine to minimum water intake, making him lose tons of weight. It is heartbroken to see a friend becoming like this.

Probably, I should cut down on my drinking too…. probably

Later came 3 friends, May’s hubby and 2 are friends of theirs. The night, well… turn out a group of drinkers tipsy and merry. Joo was absolutely fine, he wasn’t tempted at all, but was happily listening to our conversation.

Then one of us suggested continuing drinking at some Thai disco. Apparently you are allowed to enter with shorts and flip-flop like me. So we went, except Joo who gone back and rest.

I couldn’t believe the place - Neverland is actually the once-upon-a-time Fire Discotheque (you might not have heard of it if you are born in the 80s. Now guess my age…). It definitely had a face-lift. I mean, of cos, not comparable to Zouk. But it’s also not the type of sleazy joint which we’d imagine. The place is packed with youngsters - males & females, which I’d say… around early to mid 20s?

With Thai live band and occasional young, pretty Thai dancers performing in between breaks makes me think I am holidaying in some part of Thailand, Pattaya, Phuket or something, especially with the attire I am in. Our party eventually ends at 3, but their party continues till dawn.

It was surely an experience. Perhaps it has been a while since I go out..

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment