Animals. Aviator. Adventure

October 8, 2009

My mobile phone chirped, “Sorry, I will be a little late”, a text message from Sharon, her car was blocked by a huge lorry.

Today I took a half day leave so that Sharon could bring me to buy my tools for my soon-to-start class. It as an exquisite decorated place, but the shop wasn’t too prominent, so may take a while to find (if you haven’t been there before). A neat place with all the necessary equipments to use for makeup and styling and even a small table where you could paint your own nails – FOC! (what's the best? Free's the best ! hehehe)




3 kinda animal hairs - squirrel, sable, white goat are found in this set of brushes, only 1 is non animals' :

can you spot which one?

According to the owner, she will soon stop importing animal hair brushes, cos’ it’s cruelty to animals. I couldn’t agree more. Although, no animal was supposed to be killed in the process claimed by the manufacturer, we believe some were definitely injured or dead during the capture.

We should cut down the use of animals’ hair brushes, but change it to synthetic hair instead. Ironically, that was one of my best purchases of the day :P

After that, we walked across the street to look at some wholesalers selling accessories. I found my 2nd most-like item – an aviator sunglass.


I have been looking for a shade like this a long time. Usually nice ones are expensive eg. A pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses would cost around $300. But this one is nice and cheap, less than $15 !!! Wahahah ! So happy when I managed to buy nice things at a good price. You may be thinking, sunglasses are use to protect our eyes, it’s ok to pay a little bit more … to me, sunglasses are like accessories, no point buying a good one knowing that I would only wear it for awhile.

After sharon left, I did something….. ermm… unintelligent, unwise whatever… (just refuse to use the word “ssssstu – pid”)

I felt alil giddy, then I remembered I hadn’t ate much the whole day. Since I was pretty close to Chinatown, I decided to walk there to eat the long-time-no-eat soya chicken noodle, and also trying to be cheapo to save on that 50c ERP charge (you know, it’s so irritating to have ERP systems set at every corner). With my high heels, I was practically dragging half way thru’ the journey. But my will was strong! It took me 20 mins…. Finally I’m there,

CLOSED ! It was closed… Can I get any luckier?!!!

Knowing there’s another shop selling the same stuff nearby. Hungry, tired, sweaty, I dragged my feet further. All I could see was a lady washing the floor of the seating area. Sigh.

With no choice, I gotta continue my hunt for food. Singapore a food paradise, everyone loves to eat here, I can’t find a proper meal?!

Eventually I settled with a plate of boring wantan mee at Chinatown hawker centre (<_<)

ok! I am not going to walk back to collect ET8, I told myself, so I took a bus – 65c. When I exited from the carpark, the evening peak hour ERP was already on, another 50c. ARGH! I might as well ride there & back, it'd have been the same price or cheaper. So angry with myself ! It’s tedious trying to outsmart this system.

That pretty sum up my day of adventure.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment