Getzzzz leaves Singapore

September 22, 2009

The long-awaited long weekend is finally over ! I so unwillingly drag myself to work this morning


Worst of all! Late … Luckily, Ms Lala was in good mood

My weekend wasn’t a boring one. To get my butt off the couch and do something, I went on a shopping trip with den and members’ of the Ng’s kitchen on Sunday. It turned out to be quite fruitful - food, shopping and laughter. After choosing between - shopping at JB or zoo, I suppose, no one would say ‘no’ to shopping. Hehe.

We decided to drive there for the 1st time, since there were 5 of us. Car theft is always our biggest worry, but come to think of it, our getz is not some luxurious or branded car. There were even better ones to aim for...

on my way to fetch den then to woodlands

The jam took us an hour or more (all thanks, to the never-finished construction work at the custom) to reach our destination. I was told, it’s gonna stay stagnant like this due to the disagreements between 2 countries on the construction cost. Guess, those that have to use the custom daily will need to wait patiently for this problem to resolve. Imagine, the time wasted on travelling, better think of a way to utilize it. Mayb can learn a foreign language?

Unknowingly we needed a “touch n go” card for the car toll at Johor’s custom, and were kind of panic and embarrass as we didn’t have one, also not wanting to cause inconvenience to others. Luckily, they foresee this problem, and help arrived shortly. We were made to buy the card at 10RM. Do get ready all your cards before setting off.

We were famished by the time we arrive and rushed straight into lunch. Everyone agreed on Japanese food without thinking too much.



you can tell how hungry we were.. it was definately a heavy lunch

Shopping was next on the list, follow by massage….

Look what I bought from my 2 favourite stores;


Love these female boxers from F.O.S

clothes from seeds


I didn’t buy a lot this time, cos’ there weren’t many interesting stuff. We bought mooncakes too. One of my happy food ! *fat fat fat*

We were exhausted after 5 hrs of shopping, and needed to pamper our feet badly, but the massage place at City Sq were fully booked. How disappointing ! ok, it was our fault for not booking it in advance. We then drove back to Singapore, this time the jam wasn’t so bad. Singapore custom always efficient, they opened the area for trucks and lorries (I reckon, must be due to holiday season, lesser trucks / lorries would travel) to cars to minimize waiting time.

waiting for our turn ......

den then sent me home to pick shiraz up, and ended our day at Changi village for dinner.

♣ ♣ ♣ ♣ ♣

Last week, I signed up for the course which had been discussed over and over. I’m excited and heartache at the same time cos’ it’s gonna dig a huge hole in my saving account. But no pain, no gain, I will trust Him that He will mend this hole in no time and it shall multiply 60-folds ! 100-folds!

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment